Monday, November 3, 2008

An Exciting Day at Church

Anna was sooooo funny at church yesterday. It started during the sacrament when she was singing a little too loudly while the deacons were giving out the bread. Stuart shh'd her and she yelled, "No! It's not quiet time!" I'm not sure how many people heard, but it was funny. Needless to say, she wasn't really quiet during the sacrament. Then the water came around and she quickly grabbed a cup of water and proceeded to gargle it loudly, a skill she recently acquired under the tutolage of Elliot. It was funny, but we tried to be mad so she would stop....through stifled laughter of course.

Then came testimony time. A few of the primary kids went up and bore their testimonies, and when she saw them, Anna said "I want to do my testimony!" She insisted very loudly that I take her up, and then Elliot decided he needed to come too, so I took them up and helped them bear testimony. It was incredibly cute and they both did a good job. Of course then I had to bear mine as well, but I was very proud of Anna and her desire to bear her testimony, even though I think she really just wanted to be at the front talking in the microphone.

Stuart took her for a walk in the rain yesterday because she wanted to use her Dora umbrella. She had her snow boots on, mittens, a hat, and her warm coat. Stuart was a good sport and took her a few blocks until she announced that she was all done with the rain, so they came home. Both were absolutely soaked...despite the Dora umbrella....and we had to hang everything up to dry. But she had fun walking with her daddy.

2 comments:

The Wageman Clan said...

Anna sounds like such a character! It sounds like things are busy and fun around your place. Hope all is going well. If you're ever up this way come visit!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda - SO good to see you today. I need to invite you to my blog, so shoot me an email with your gmail address at

katybabydesign(at)gmail(dot)com

Take care!

Love,
Katy